I had the great pleasure of chatting with Samantha Pleet, NYC’s latest fashion design it girl. Samantha was in town last week showing her Fall/14 collection for Nashville Fashion Week. Her whimsical, wearable designs are a huge hit in the NYC social circle. From the looks of the show Friday night, we will see the gals of Nashville wearing S. Pleet too.
Whenever I come across someone who’s aesthetic inspires me, I’m interested to know if vintage clothing plays a part in their process of creativity.
I asked Samantha her take on the VV Muse Q&A
1. Who are some of your favorite designers? Welcome Companions, Pamela Love, Prada, Schiaparelli and this line called The Loved One.
2. Which modern day designers do you foresee a career of longevity and future coveted vintage? Rodarte & Proenza Schouler.
3. Do you wear vintage in your every day wardrobe? Definitely, I love finding vintage classic lines like Banana Republic and mixing them as staples in my wardrobe.
4. What is your most coveted vintage item in your wardrobe? This 80s appliqué coat I found in Hudson, NY.
5. What is your favorite era of vintage clothing? 60s 80s and early 90s.
6. What is your favorite place to shop for vintage? Wherever I travel and I have a really great secret spot in E. Hampton
7. If you could have lunch with anybody living or dead, who would it be? Wes Anderson
photos courtesy of Samantha’s instagram and Layla Mays photography